Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Forever and Always


October 22, 2009 was the best day ever! Adam and I were sealed forever and always! Adam drove down to DC with his family the night before and stayed with a family friend. My sisters, brother-in-law, best friend Rebs, my parents and I all drove down that day, checked into the hotel, changed, and got to the temple with maybe an hour to spare. When we pulled in I saw Adam and James walking up the road all spiffed up in their suits and shades. Talk about some studs! We were married with some of our closest friends and family there (those that were able to make it). Barbara Colton and my mom helped me get ready and then they escaped so they could witness our entrance as husband and wife. Adams expression when he first saw me in my dress was perfect!! I gave Adam a set of cuff links with his initials engraved and he gave me a green set of scriptures with my new name engraved on them.

We were off for hugs, kisses and pictures. It was a beautiful sunny autumn day and I could have stayed out there all day just enjoying it all!! After all that fun we all headed to Red Lobster for some food (finally!!) and laughs. Not too long after we got there everyone kicked us out (so much for the food). So good-byes were said and off Adam and I went to start our married life... too bad we passed our exit and got lost on the way... haha.

We had our reception on the 24th and had the greatest time! 3 of my favorite parts: James singing for his best man speech (even though it was country I still enjoyed it!! Thanks James) Adam and I dancing to "I wanna dance with you" (Rebs, you're the best!) and all our friends blowing bubbles all around us!! Adam, Zak and James doing some TKD patters in their suits! Oh, and waltzing with my dad!!!

The next morning off we went to Mexico for a week for our Honeymoon! FABULOUS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. so cute! Please tell more and more! Loving the blog so far! keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was a great day, wish I could have been there (but I had to speak in stake conference!). So great to see how blessed you guys are...and what blessings have come since this day.

    ReplyDelete