Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baby Girl





My baby girl is 4+ months now... talk about slacking. Here is a quick over view... HA! Like I can explain anything quickly!


Harlow was due on Saturday, April 2nd. I had an appointment already scheduled for that Monday just in case she decided to take her time. At the appointment the Dr. saw no reason to dilly-dally so we scheduled an induction for that Wednesday night. That didn't work with Adam's work schedule so changed it to THAT night. Talk about stress. I think I cried for the rest of the day. I was soo scared! I was going to have a baby. I was going to deliver a baby. I was going to be in labor. I was going to be in pain and it was planned. Really?!




















My appointment was at 9:30 so I had just enough time to watch Hines Ward do his dance on DWTS and away we went. At registration at the hospital the nurses thought I was delivering early since I wasn't popping out. We corrected them and assured them that our little bun was actually late.


By 10:30 everything was in the works. I guess I had started some minor contractions... at least that's what the monitor said. I didn't feel them. A few hours later I was ready for my epidural, and in good time since I was finally starting to feel some contractions. Nothing too intense but I wasn't wanting to see how bad they were going to get. A few hours later, before 5 am, there was one spot that the epidural completely missed and WOW! I would press the boost button and would end up throwing up a few minutes after. It was horrible. But the nice nurse gave me something for the nasua and she called the guy back to give me more meds. After that I was in heaven.


Around 9 or 10 the Dr came in and said I was good to go. So the nurse came in and told me to start pushing. I pushed and pushed. After a couple minutes of pushing the nurse told me to stop because I wasn't doing anything. I was soo bummed. I knew I was pushing so hard I was sure the baby was just going to pop out right there. Apparently I had too much of a good thing and they cut off my epidural. They came back about an hour or so later and we tried again. I know I was giving the same effort but this time the nurse gave me credit for it:). I pushed for about 30 minutes when the Dr. came in ready to deliver. After some more time it was decided that the baby wasn't going anywhere so they got out the vaccum and helped her out. It was a little scary at first because she didn't cry. But she was healthy and well and just not a screamer. She did start crying eventually, which even after being told she was healthy, was music to my ears. She was born April 5th at 12:03 pm . 7'6.5 lbs and 20.5 inches long. Now, over 4 months later, she is 13 lbs (<50%) and 23 inches (>75%).

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous said...lol I love that this post is 4 whole months later! Congrats on momhood! Can't beleive i'm gonna do it for the 4th time! It's weird though...by the fourth I am so ready for it and I am not even half way through. Just bring it on! My life is already always crazy might as well be even more so with a tiny cute little cuddlebug! I can't wait! Can't wait to meet lil Harlow...and the hubbi...someday...someday!

    ReplyDelete